Although the usability of online games is increasing day-by-day, there are requirements for a cost-effective payment process, fraudulent-free activities, storage security, better control over gaming economy, low price for game items, authentication for game items and payments. Blockchain games have the potential to meet all these requirements. Any games which use the blockchain in its backend are called blockchain games. The games are decentralized, open and borderless.
- Cost-effective Payment Process: Online card transactions can include four intermediaries like acquirers or financial institutions that carry out credit/debit card transactions on behalf of the card issuers, the card issuers are the banks of a particular cardholder), payment gateways, and interchanges (eg.: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc.). Game players have to pay a huge amount of fees for playing games. The blockchain is a decentralized technology which removes intermediaries.
- Reduce Fraudulent Activities: Most transactions take place for online games every day. Players have to sign up and log in their details for payments. Personal data and information are prone to fraudulent activities over the Internet. Blockchain uses cryptography which is specialized in securing online information and communication.
- Storage Safety: Storing data online can be a risk for game companies as they face or receive a constant security threat from hackers. Storing data in the blockchain is impossible to hack. The blockchain can also identify data breached. For every transaction, a new block will be created and added to the blockchain. It is difficult to alter any of the blocks without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the consensus of the network.
- Ensures authenticity: People want to play online games, but they don’t believe in a particular online game platform for purchasing game products. The blockchain facilitates both game items and payments which might be in cryptocurrencies. These two functions are actually facilitated and verified by smart contracts in the blockchain.
- Better Control Over Gaming Economy: If a particular government bans the online gaming economy, then black markets will rise and developers will have no control over trade or the ability for generating maximum revenues. The blockchain is a decentralized technology operated without the involvement of third parties. Blockchain-based gaming economy is a potential future environment through which a huge cryptocurrency profit can be generated. Game developers can start and stop selling digital assets with no restriction. They can also collect royalties from every gaming ecosystem
- Reduces Gaming Items Price: The limitation to the customer base is occurred due to the high price of game items. Players go for online stolen game items. The Blockchain game items come at reasonable prices. The blockchain helps the players to expend less for online games.
- There are different types of the games with different concepts viz., Age of Rust, Blankos Block Party, Crypto Space Commander, Gods Unchained, Cryptokitties and Beyond the Void.
- Crypto Space Commander: It is a Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) combined with a Diablo 3 gameplay style (with spaceship) and an EVE Online economy. It is an Ethereum blockchain-based game. Players can mine, craft, hunt and explore the EtherVerse.
- Gods Unchained: It is a tradable card game (TCG) which enables players to buy and sell their cards with no restriction. The players will be provided with the sole ownership rights for those cards which they accumulate. The game is built on the Ethereum Blockchain.
- Cryptokitties: It is an Ethereum blockchain-based game developed by Axiom Zen on 28 November 2017. Various types of digital cats can be purchased, collected, bred and sold in the game.
- Beyond the Void: It is a free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game. The game is based on the Ethereum blockchain and uses Nexium (NXC) which is a game token. The main purpose of the token is to drive the game economy.
This article is for informational purposes only. The information is provided by Blockchain Technology Revolutionizes Online Gaming Sector and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose. It is not an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation, endorsement, or sponsorship of any products, services, or companies. The Blockchain Cafe does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.